Benefits of Membership
Creating Professional relationships is important in building a career. Joining a group allows you to form relationships and have a sense of security and trust. From this, you are able to support and help one another in reaching your professional goals. Participating in professional events lets you connect with your peers where you can share ideas, ask for advice, volunteer to be a speaker, or become a member of a committee.
The NCSRT offers members the following benefits:
- Advocacy: Supports legislative initiatives including stronger licensure standards and patient safety initiatives.
- Jobs: Members can find current job openings as well as networking opportunities with members in your local area. Other options include job opportunities through Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Networking: The Annual Meeting as well as the Regional Meetings offer an opportunity for you to mix and mingle with others in your field in both professional and leisure settings. There are frequent opportunities to meet people from the top of your field and the people who hire.
- Professional Development: The NCSRT is always looking for members to serve the committees, which is an excellent way to gain experience.
- Scholarships: Student members may apply for scholarships offered yearly.
- Publications: Members receive the "Tarheel Technology Highlights" four times a year and membership directories when published.
- Continuing Education: CE units are offered yearly
- Free CE's through our partnership with UNC Lineberger
- Free CE's through the Duke Annual Seminar
- Free CE's through the NCSRT, Inc One Day Seminars